Sunday, July 31, 2011

Trend Alert: Color Block

I have been mentioning color block as a trend in my previous posts, so I figured it's time to give its proper time and attention with a post of its own.

Let's start with the basics, what is color block?  Color blocking as the name implies is the pairing of two or more bold colors that you normally wouldn't wear together - think reds and fuchsia, tangerine and purple.  It gives you plenty of room to be creative and the final result has been said to make women look slimmer due to an elongating figure.  Needless to say, they also look fabulous as some of the celebrities below.



This trend is not new, however, this time around it is hard to ignore with so much popularity.  Designers all over the world embraced this trend in their spring/summer 2011 collection and here are my favorite runaway looks.




By now, if you are like me, you are asking yourself how to pull this look off as a regulary gal, right?  Well, lucky you, I came up with a solution.  I've been thinking about this a while since I know that #1, this look is expensive because you need to buy an entire ensemble and  #2, you probably are not going to wear it very frequently.  So, how to solve this fashionista dilemma and still look fabulously trendy?  Think accessories, accessories, accessories!!!

You heard it first here at "miami, moda and more...".  Accessories are the way to go.  It's a simple, inexpensive and easy way to pull off the color block trending without breaking the bank.  Check out my favorite accessories:


As you can see, you can probably start off with somethings you already have stashed in your closet.  The list above includes:
1.Wide heel sandal ZARA 2.Suede mini grab bag ASOS 3.Suede and leather clutch MARC JACOBS 4.Three-tone ballerina ZARA 5.Shoulder bag MEREDITH WENDELL 6.Platform sandal JUNKO SHIMADA 7.Leather wallet COMME DES GARÇONS 8.Two-tone leather belt JIL SANDER

So girlfriends, I did my homework.  These are the color blocking accessories that I found in my closet.  What hidden treasures are you going to find in yours???  Let me know, I'm dying to find out.
xoxo.

Purple Belt
  
Green Belt


No comments:

Post a Comment