Saturday, July 2, 2011

Wimbledon 2011: tradition meets glamour

I grew up watching Wimbledon tennis and I always remember loving the tradition around this event, the Center Court, the all-white etiquette, the grass surfaces and the Royal box.


And although I became inspired by players like Steffi Graff and Arantxa Sanchez who motivated me to spend countless hours practicing tennis, I never really paid attention to fashion during Wimbledon...until now!!! As any other big sports event, Wimbledon has parties for celebrities and players to attend, raise funds for charities and have a great time before they get serious on the tennis court. 

So, if you are a tennis lover like me, first don't forget to tune in for tomorrow's men's final to cheer for Nadal.  Second, check out the pictures below of some of the women players at Wimbledon this year in both their traditional white court outfits and the all out glamorous dresses they wore for the party.  Lastly, don't forget to vote for your favorite player at the poll at the end of the post.  Enjoy!!!










Which one of these fabulous tennis stars look better on and off the court at Wimbledon?

1 comment: